We need volunteers so contribute to your community if you can please.
For information, call Elaine at 587-581-5533
What: We need approximately 40 volunteers to participate in one 5-8 hour shift working at the casino. There are day shifts and night shifts available. (see the schedule below) Positions include; Banker, Cashier, Chip Runner, Count Room staff and General Manager. As a bonus, you get a “behind-the-scenes” experience of how a professional casino operates!
Where: Cash Casino,4040 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4E6
When: December 13 & 14, 2021, various shifts
Why: The Parkhill Stanley Park Community Association has the opportunity to participate in a Casino fundraiser event every 18 months. Casino funds provide the largest source of revenue to maintain operations at the Parkhill Stanley Park Community. Along with regular operating costs of the community hall, a major portion of the funds from the last casino went towards upgrading the kitchen appliances and getting fire systems up to code. It is significant projects like these that require this type of funding.
Casino funding is used for:
- Facility Maintenance & Operations.
- Renovations & Upgrades.
- Running Community Programs/Events, Yoga, Stampede Breakfast, Christmas Party, Tennis and Pickleball activites. Wine tastings, childrens events, etc.
- Supplies & Equipment Purchases. Ice rink and basketball, Skateboard ramps and equipment forthcoming.
- Special Projects
Special project ideas about how to use the funds from this Casino:
- Building a gazebo next to the basketball court/ice rink/tennis courts so that we can keep warm while putting on skates, or seek some shade in the summer during BBQ gatherings and outdoor events.
- A storage building for the ice rink flooding and clearing equipment.
- Main Hall Renovations – new carpet & painting
- Outdoor fitness circuit
|CASINO DATES||SHIFT TIMES
|Dec. 13, 2021||11:00am-7:30pm||1 Banker, 2 Cashiers, 2 Chip Runners|
|Dec. 14, 2021||6:30pm-3:30am||1 Banker, 2 Cashiers, 2 Chip Runners|
|10:45pm-3:30am||1 General Manager, 1 Count Room Supervisor, 5 Count Room Staff|
For description of Volunteer Casino Positions, Call Elaine for details: Phone: 587-581-5533